Problem: I am getting a "Service is unreachable please verify date on your computer" message.
Cause: Upon starting, Virgin Media Security will connect to the activation servers to authenticate. If the date on the computer is not set correctly this error will appear and the software will not be activated. The date may cause the root certificate to expire.
Resolution: Verify the computer date and time.
For Windows XP:
- Click Start, and choose Control Panel.
- Click Date and Time.
- Make sure the year, month, day and time are set correctly.
- Select the Time Zone tab.
- Make sure the time zone is set correctly.
- Click Apply to save changes.
For Windows Vista and Windows 7:
- Click on the Start menu, then click on Control Panel.
- Click on Clock, Language and Region, then click on Date and Time.
- Click the Date and Time tab and then click on Change Date and Time.
- Verify that the year, month, day and time are set correctly..
- Click OK when you have finished setting the date and time to apply the changes.