Problem: I am getting a "Security Services are currently unavailable, Virgin Media Security is not able to contact our site to validate and run your service" message. What should I do?
Cause: This error indicates that the software was able to connect to the activation server but the services could not be validated. This can happen when the SSL connection fails or times out.
Resolution: Verify the computer date and time then check Internet Explorer settings.
- Verify the computer date and time. See the Resolution here for instructions.
- Open Internet Explorer and click Tools then select Internet Options.
- Select the Advanced tab and scroll down to the Security section.
- Clear Check for server certificate revocation (requires restart).
- Restart Internet Explorer and try the activation once more.