Question: How do I ensure the Virgin Media Security certificate is installed?
Answer: Install the root certificate.
- Download Certificate.cer file in the Downloads section below and save it the Desktop.
- Now, open Internet Explorer, click Tools and then select Internet Options.
- Select the Content tab and click Certificates.
- On the box that appears, click Import.
- When Welcome to the certificate Import Wizard screen displays, click Next.
- Click Browse on the next screen and select the Certificate.cer file.
- Click Next after selecting the certificate.
- In the next screen, ensure Place all certificates in the following store is selected then click Browse.
- From the list of Certificate Stores, select Trusted Root Certification Authorities and click OK.
- Click Next and a Completing the Certificate Import Wizard page will appear. Click Finish.
- A dialog box will appear to confirm that the import was successful. Close all open pages.
- Start Virgin Media Security.