Uninstalling Virgin Media Security (RpsUU.exe Cleanup utility)
Problem: Uninstallation via Add/Remove Programs is unsuccessful and results in errors.
It aborts midway.
It seems to run to completion but the software is still installed.
Can also be used to remove partial installations (i.e. user was unable to install and is now reinstalling)
Solution:Use the Clean up Utility to remove Virgin Media Security.
- Click here to download the cleanup utility to your Desktop.
- Double click the RpsUU.exe file.
- Click Yes to begin the uninstallation
- Users must restart their computer to complete the uninstallation. Users should click on Yes if they are ready to restart, otherwise they should exit all work in progress and restart at their earliest convenience.
- If the removal was unsuccessful proceed to the next step to run the Microsoft Clean up Tool
Uninstalling Virgin Media Security (Microsoft Cleanup utility)
Problem: Uninstallation via Add/Remove Programs and the Cleanup Utility are unsuccessful, users may run this Microsoft Tool that can detect and remove registry entries.
Solution: Use the Microsoft Cleanup utility to remove Virgin Media Security.
- Click here to download the Microsoft Clean utility to your Desktop. Double-click the saved file to start the installation.
- Click Next on the first page of the Windows Installer Cleanup Installation Wizard.
- Accept the License Agreement and press Next.
- Click Next to begin the install.
- Click Finish once the installation is complete
Once the installation is complete, click Start, point to Programs and choose Windows Install Clean Up
- A list of programs will appear. Remove any entries containing the following:
- Perfect Disk 10 Professionnal
- RPS CRT 9.0.X
- RPS PerfectdiskStub
- RPS RpsCore 9.0.x