Question: What is the Web Threat Protection real-time protection option?
Answer: The Web Threat Protection service provides continuous protection from malicious or compromised websites. This feature can be turned on or off the from the Web Threat Protection service main page.
The real-time protection will:
- Automatically block compromised and malicious websites.
- Display an alert when a web threat is detected.
- Allow you to continue to a web page identified as hosting a potential web threat.
- Allow you to report the URL as a false positive.
- Allow you to trust a website. When trusting a URL address, the URL is added to Exception List as a trusted URL
- Allow you to select the level of web threat protection.
- Allow you to disable the Windows Internet Explorer Add-ons feature.
- Real-time protection is automatically started on Windows log on if service is turned on.